Be part of mission to disrupt the healthcare and democratize the data driven medicine! Our client is looking for a Senior Algorithm Developer/Algorithm Engineer to join the Algorithm Development team in Bordeaux or Bidart, France.
As part of the Data Science department, this team develops algorithms and tools for our pipelines that analyse next-generation sequencing (NGS) data. The corresponding day-to-day work covers a wide range of bioinformatics related topics as e.g. string alignment and statistical data analysis. Most of the code base is written in C/C++. Key responsibilities of the successful applicant will span across the entire software development cycle including design, implementation, optimization, integration, testing, documentation and maintenance of tools and algorithms. Efficient collaboration with a wide range of colleagues including wetlab scientists, data scientists, bioinformaticians, and software systems engineers will be essential.
- Msc or PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- Significant experience with C/C++ programming
- Significant experience with algorithm design and optimization
- Competence in mathematical modelling
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to independently and reliably complete tasks and projects (or relevant parts thereof)
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Experience with NGS data analysis would be an advantage
- Knowledge of scripting languages (preferentially Python and R) would be an advantage
- Experience with Linux and bash scripting would be an advantage
- Career opportunities in a fast-growing company with worldwide reputation
- A flexible and friendly working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- An exciting company mission that brings together science and technology to directly impact the lives of patients with life threatening illness.
- A fast-growing company with plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.